God's fire in the sky.

God's fire in the sky.
No matter how hard man tries, he can't replicate the smallest of God's glories.

The Whole Fam-Damily

The Whole Fam-Damily
". . . and the magic number is NINE, (count 'em 9)" ... l-r, Terry, Dan, Mark, Kevin, Kathy, Tom, Mom, Dad, Eileen, Richard & Tim, but who's counting??? =)

Thursday, October 1, 2009

We're off to see the Witch at Santa's house.



The beautiful children down the block have been coming to our house every year since Sophie (seated to the right of the witch) was in a stroller. She, followed closely by her siblings, Emma and Jack, comes to see the stuffed characters that Dena puts out for Halloween.

They will ask their mother, Jen, or grandmother, Kathy (living next door), to take them to see the Witch, the original figure. Since then, Dena has added a chicken and a scarecrow, mostly for these kids.



Sophie, is the middle child, but ring leader of this caper. Emma, who is "WAY" to old for this childishness, goes along to keep some order and sanity to it all. Jack tags along to see what the excitement is all about, but the importance of the visit is lost on him.

Sophie needs to inspect all the Halloween visitors and pose with them all. Her sister agrees that Sophie is a "ham".


Sophie decided that since I have a mostly white beard that I must be Santa Claus. Well I'm not one to dethrone that myth (OR is it real???), so I go along with the charade. (I remember when I heard the truth about the "Easter Bunny", I was bummed for a month.) If I see the kids, on my way out of the subdivision, I will stop and ask Sophie if she has seen my reindeer. I tell her that they have been out grazing, but now I need to round them up and get some practice with the sleigh. She always says that she has not seen them, but will keep a good lookout for them. I'll say something about 'a list of good girls & boys' and give her a jolly "Ho, Ho, Ho" as I drive out of sight.


Younger brother Jack makes a motion with his hand on his chin, as if stroking a beard when asked to identify Santa at the end of the block. He may be afraid to say the name out loud.


Dena and I are so pleased to have them and many other good people in our neighborhood. Good neighbors keep us here, that and a garage & basement full of junk, collected over a lifetime, would take decades to move.

May God bless this family and keep them close to his heart.


1 comment:

  1. What a sweet, sweet post! I hope you find those reindeer soon!=)

    ReplyDelete

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/wearefreeflag_3.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;
}