God's fire in the sky.

God's fire in the sky.
No matter how hard man tries, he can't replicate the smallest of God's glories.

The Whole Fam-Damily

The Whole Fam-Damily
". . . and the magic number is NINE, (count 'em 9)" ... l-r, Terry, Dan, Mark, Kevin, Kathy, Tom, Mom, Dad, Eileen, Richard & Tim, but who's counting??? =)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Ride the Tiger." or "Tiger by the tail."



I think that "Jefferson Airplane", later "Starship" had a nice song, "Ride the Tiger" 1974. This is not the best rendition of the song, but it gives you some idea.
I like the lyric:
"It's like a tear in the hands of a western man, (He'll) Tell you about salt, carbon and water
But a tear to an oriental man
He'll tell you about sadness and sorrow or the love of a man and
a woman."

(Erica, I'm trying to get better at making links.)

I was reminded of that song when Delaney and Harper got a couple of stuffed Tigers, one white (Snow) and the other an orange (Bengal). At first Delaney did not show much interest in either, but as soon as Harper tried one out for size, Delaney's (Laney, as she is known to the paparazzi) interest started to peak.
Laney stays in the back ground part of the time, not wanting to get too close, but also not wanting to miss out on any really good fun.










Eileen and Jennifer, a fine couple of motha's.




We went to Ramone's El Dorado, in Collinsville. Dena and I go there every week for "Date Night". We have been going there for 25 years and hope to go at least another 25. Our Florida brethren and 'cistern' =), asked to break bread (tacos) with us, as they have enjoyed this restaurant with us before. The food, drinks and friendship were had by all and it was as good as it gets. We missed Ken and Allen, spouses that had to work, but we will see them and many more tomorrow at Gina's wedding.


My sister, Eileen says that Harper looks like me when I was that age. As I look at photos from 1948 (wow) I see the resemblance. I'm sure in a month she will look like any number of family members in our vast clan for some period of time and then morph again, (possibly a butterfly???) =-) If she starts a beard, walks bow-legged and wears glasses, I might be a little more concerned of her resemblance to me, otherwise I know she will turn out to be a wonderfully beautiful child and adult as so many in our family have done to date. =)



Two of my brothers, Mark & Richard along with their wives, Bette & Kathy, came up from Florida to go to their (our) niece's wedding. They had some time to stop by our sister's, Eileen, for a visit. Since this is a day when Eileen watches her granddaughters, Delaney & Harper today, so we got an extra treat with the girls. Delaney has big blue eyes, but is a little shy towards me (I think it is the beard). I do not see her much and this is the first time I have seen Harper (8 months). Shame on me. It is hard to believe that they have both grown so fast.



Both girls are darling and fun to watch, but I like being the grandfather or great uncle when they need their diapers changed. "Here Mom." Eileen is very proud of these latest grandchildren. The other two, Anne & Jon are both in high school and do not require the attention associated with toddlers. Still she lights up when they come by or she is talking about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/wearefreeflag_3.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;
}