God's fire in the sky.

God's fire in the sky.
No matter how hard man tries, he can't replicate the smallest of God's glories.

The Whole Fam-Damily

The Whole Fam-Damily
". . . and the magic number is NINE, (count 'em 9)" ... l-r, Terry, Dan, Mark, Kevin, Kathy, Tom, Mom, Dad, Eileen, Richard & Tim, but who's counting??? =)

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"VIVACIOUS"

"I went to the mountain because..."

I started a blog when I was in Colorado and it went pretty well until I tried to do some of the tricky stuff. I asked Erica for some help, because she is sweet and has a very nice blog (and a small amount of time to spare for this silly old Pirate).

Erica "showed me the way" to set up the sight and make it more appealing to the eye. There were so many new things to learn about this subject that my poor brain started to go to overload. She adjusted her speed down to a slow crawl to accommodate me. I hope you like the ideas Erica has suggested for this site. If not, too bad, cause I like 'em. We made a lot of progress with my blog, "the work is good if you can get it"

Debbie & Steve and Sandy & Larry provided the genetics to form this family nucleus of the three sisters and their "baby" brother. Steve and Sandy have done a wonderful job blending the family and raising these delightful children into adulthood. Amy, being Dena's God-Child, got (and still gets) a lot of attention from us. Dena was at lunch with Amy as Erica & I blogged and had our lunch. Mat, (Dena's "fairy" (no not gay) God Child) not to be outdone, then or now, makes sure he is in the picture (thank God for our Mat), but Erica and Krista got overshadowed a little. This was a huge mistake, because they both have so much to offer. They are both such beautiful (inside & out) girls (women).

Krista (a bright penny by her herself) called today while we were hard (right) at blogging, telling Erica of some very good values she had come across. Erica declined, but I think I'm going to hire Krista as my "personal shopper/outfitter", (when I find some extra cash). I wonder how much she knows about fly fishing equipment??? I would love to spend some one-on-one time (scary for her!!!) with Krista to get a fuller picture, get to know and appreciate her better.

Erica is full of live (& light), "vivacious". I believe the "light" is the Holy Spirit resides in & is glowing within her soul. She is a good, sweet, intelligent, outgoing, radiant, strong (although she looks a little fragile), loving Christian woman. (Did I mention beautiful???, silly me). I told Erica that Jeff is a very lucky man to share a life with her and she responded that she is "lucky to have his love and share a life with him". I wished them both a charmed life. A life of happiness, warmth, friendship, sacrifice and true love, a marriage that I have found with my wonderful Dena for the last 25 years. (Let me hear you say "Amen".)

I told her about our ritual of watching "Picnic" every Labor Day and of the part where Mrs. Potts says how wonderful it has been to watch the children next door grow and become ladies. I have come to appreciate that sentiment/understanding. I love to watch my girls, grandchildren, family, friends, neighbors and other's happy families growing and evolving into beautiful children of God.

Erica has a kind ear for this talkative old soul and is a gracious as if I had been royalty. We went to a her favorite Asian restaurant. "Wang Gang" http://www.wanggangasian.com/ (I could not get it to make a link, sorry) and had a great meal and pleasant conversation with the owner. We had to hurry home to get the kids from pre-school, as the time just flew by. All in all it was a very pleasant and informative day (for me) and can not thank Erica enough for sparing me the time.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, my fly fishing knowledge is limited! I'm glad you've started a blog so we can see what you and Dena are up to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet post! Keep blogging - I love glimpses into you & Dena's life! :)

    ReplyDelete

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/wearefreeflag_3.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed;
}